All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionHandpainted sock yarns have captured the hearts of countless knitters. Colorful sock yarns are little gems of the knitting universe, providing hours of knitting bliss that result in a luxurious hand-crafted item. Author Carol Sulcoski, owner of Black Bunny Fibers, a popular indie fiber sock yarn source, delves into the mystery of the handpainted sock yarn and divulges its secrets, explains how to make the best of these much-loved yarns, and shows how to knit with success with 20 new patterns designed just with these yarns in mind. Knitters struggle with handpainted yarns. How do you design projects with them versus other types of yarns? How do you avoid the pitfalls of pooling and splotching? How do you combine multicolored handpaints with other types of yarns? Knitting Socks with Handpainted Yarn is designed to provide sock knitters with technical guidance so these wonderful yarns can be used to their best advantage, explaining the differences between various kinds of handpainted yarn and showing how to avoid undesirable effects. Combining her handdyeing and knitwear designing kwledge, Carol shares techniques and tips to help every sock knitter turn out fabulous footwear. Fun, original sock patterns from a variety of contributors illustrate these techniques. The patterns will be written for widely-available handdyed yarns so that readers can get the same results, but readers will also learn to identify patterns for their unique yarns.
- Author BiographyCarol J. Sulcoski has had designs published by Knitty.com, KnitNet.com, MenKnit.net, MagKnits.com, and Big Girl Knits. She is a staff member of Rosie's Yarn Cellar and regularly designs for the RosieKnits pattern line. She is also the author of the popular knitting blog GoKnitInYourHat and proprietress of Black Bunny Fibers, which offers handdyed yarns and spinning fiber.
- Author(s)Carol Sulcoski
- PublisherInterweave Press Inc
- Date of Publication08/12/2008
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLoveland, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInterweave Press Inc
- Out-of-print date29/08/2014
- Content Note60 colour illustrations
- Weight445 g
- Width216 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.