Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe third edition of Knitting Techlogy, widely recognised as the definitive text on the subject, has been thoroughly revised and updated to include all the latest developments. Beginning with the fundamental principles and moving on to more advanced aspects, it combines in a single comprehensive volume the basics of warp and weft knitting, fabric structures and products, the different types of machines, principles of production and termilogy to provide an invaluable reference for textiles students, textile engineers and technicians involved in knitted garment design and manufacture. Fundamental rules and principles are emphasised throughout. Aspects covered include flat, circular, full fashioned, hosiery, raschel, tricot and crochet production. Development of the various types of knitting machines, their actions and mechanisms as well as the construction, properties and end uses of the products which they manufacture are also included. The book is indexed and referenced in detail and includes numerous labelled diagrams and photographs. Termilogy is defined either according to The Textile Institute's terms and definitions or current usage in the industry and is supplemented where necessary by American or continental termilogy. Although SI units and the tex yarn count system are explained and used in the text, other systems have also been employed wherever it has been considered that their usage is still important. A number of worked calculations are included to clarify the examples given. Knitting techlogy is the ideal textbook for a range of textile courses from technician to degree level and The Textile Institute's examinations as well as being an essential companion to all those involved in the knitting industry.
- Author BiographyDavid J. Spencer, C Text, FTI, ACFI, recently retired as a senior lecturer in Textile and Knitting Technology at De Montfort University Leicester. He has been an examiner and moderator in the Manufacture of Hosiery and Knitted Goods for the City and Guilds of London Institute. He has written numerous technical articles and is technical editor of the journal Knitting International and contributing editor of ATA Journal and China Textile Journal. He is Chairman of the Textile Institute Knitting Terms and Definitions Committee. He obtained his initial industrial experience with Corah of Leicester who were then world leaders in the application of knitting technology.
- Author(s)David J. Spencer
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication27/04/2001
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleWoodhead Publishing Series in Textiles
- Series Part/Volume Number16
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight720 g
- Width172 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.