All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the authors of Pen & Ink--New York Times bestselling illustrator Wendy MacNaughton and BuzzFeed books editor Isaac Fitzgerald--the stories behind the tattoos that chefs proudly wear, with their signature recipes. Winner of the International Association of Culinary Professionals [IACP] Cookbook Design Award. Chefs take their tattoos almost as seriously as their knives. From gritty grill cooks in backwoods diners to the executive chefs at the world's most popular restaurants, it's hard to find a cook who doesn't sport some ink. Knives & Ink features the tattoos of more than sixty-five chefs from all walks of life and every kind of kitchen, including 2014 James Beard Award-winner Jamie Bissonnette, Alaska-fishing-boat cook Mandy Lamb, Toro Bravo's John Gorham, and many more. Each tattoo has a rich, personal story behind it: Danny Bowien of Mission Chinese Food remembers his mother with fiery angel wings on his forearms, and Dominique Crenn of Michelin two-starred Atelier Crenn bears ink that reminds her to do anything in life that you put your heart into. Like the dishes these chefs have crafted over the years, these tattoos are beautiful works of art. Knives & Ink delves into the wide and wonderful world of chef tattoos and shares their fascinating backstories, along with personal recipes from many of the chefs.
- Author BiographyIsaac Fitzgerald has been a firefighter, worked on a boat, and was once given a sword by a king, thereby accomplishing three out of five of his childhood goals. He is the editor of BuzzFeed Books and co-author of Pen & Ink. He lives in New York City. Wendy MacNaughton is a New York Times bestselling illustrator whose books include Pen & Ink, Lost Cat, The Essential Scratch-and-Sniff Guide to Becoming a Wine Expert, and Meanwhile in San Francisco. Her work has appeared in places such as the New York Times, Bon Appetit, Lucky Peach, and elsewhere. She lives in San Francisco.
- Author(s)Isaac Fitzgerald,Wendy MacNaughton
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Date of Publication01/12/2016
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic USA
- Content Note4-color art throughout
- Weight649 g
- Width165 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.