All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe hangman's paradox, cat's cradle, gambling, peg solitaire, pi and e - all these and more are back in Martin Gardner's inimitable style, with updates on new developments and discoveries. Read about how kts and molecules are related; take a trip into the fourth dimension; try out new dissections of stars, crosses and polygons; and challenge yourself with new twists on classic games.
- Author BiographyFor twenty-five years, Martin Gardner wrote 'Mathematical Games and Recreations', a monthly column for Scientific American magazine. These columns have inspired hundreds of thousands of readers to delve more deeply into the large world of mathematics. He also made significant contributions to magic, philosophy, debunking pseudoscience, and children's literature. He produced more than 60 books, including many best sellers, most of which are still in print, and wrote a regular column for the Skeptical Inquirer magazine from 1983 to 2002. His Annotated Alice has sold more than a million copies.
- Author(s)Martin Gardner
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2014
- SubjectPopular Science
- Series TitleThe New Martin Gardner Mathematical Library
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note137 b/w illus.
- Weight460 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.