All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
About this product
- DescriptionAt once insistent on their engagement with the reader and masterful in their opacity, the poems of Amelia Rosselli have commonly been considered products of one of the most original and inventive female Italian voices of the twentieth century. As the first book-length critical study of Rosselli's English poems, this collection of essays by Ann Sdgrass attempts to place the poems within the cultural and intellectual contexts that they respond to and critique. It is a context that allows the poet's work to challenge common assumptions about language and its capacity for expression, art and its edifying value, and past constructs of identity.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Ann Snodgrass has published poems, translations, and essays in numerous journals including Partisan Review, Paris Review, The New Republic, Grand Street and Forum Italicum. She has received awards from the PEN American Center, the Fulbright Foundation, and the Academy of American Poets, among others. Currently, she teaches writing at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Author(s)Ann Snodgrass
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2002
- Series TitleStudies in Italian Culture
- Series Part/Volume Number31
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight340 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.