All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
About this product
- DescriptionIn science it is obvious that we are certain about many things, but among philosophers there is little agreement as to why we kw these things. In Kwing Things for Sure physicist and realist philosopher, Maria Artigas traces the confusion to n-realist philosophies and argues that practitioners of experimental science do reach logical truths about reality.
- Author BiographyMariano Artigas is a full Professor of Philosophy of Science at the University of Navarra in Pamplona, Spain. A celebrated scholar, Artigas received a Ph.D. in Physics and a Ph.D. in Philosophy from the University of Barcelona. He is an accomplished author with more than 15 books published, including the original Spanish version of Knowing Things for Sure (Filosofia de la Ciencia Experimental). Translator Alan McCone, Jr. has 25 years of experience in scientific research and currently is the principle investigator into the foundations of physics at the Occidental Science Institute in San Francisco, California. He holds a Ph.D. in Physics from the University of Maryland.
- Author(s)Mariano Artigas
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication28/07/2006
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight422 g
- Width185 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Translated byAlan McCone
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.