Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionEthgraphic inquiry serves as a unique educational resource that is accessible to students and teachers of all ecomic and social classes and therefore well suited to building democratic communities in the 21st Century. This book is about teachers, students and parents in the Republic of Kazakhstan who opened new educational directions and democratic possibilities for themselves through a series of ethgraphic studies about their local communities. By unfolding practical experiences of teachers and students with ethgraphic study, this book builds and expands understanding about education and democracy across five points of view: Renewing professional development and building academic kwledge through ethgraphic inquiry Acquiring democratic living through ethgraphic study of participatory, caring citizenship Connecting democratic ways of life with ethgraphic study of identity formation in diverse communities Building kwledge about democratic perspectives through reflexive reading and writing about ethgraphic inquiry Building meaningful education at the intersections of ethgraphic inquiry, literacy practices and theorizing about local communities The authors propose that teacher and student-led ethgraphic inquiries develop educational experiences that enrich educators' professional growth and provide invative research opportunities for them and their students that generate up-to-date academickwledge, which can be used to inform course offerings, design lessons and address state policy mandates.
- Author BiographyDavid Landis , KIMEP University, Kazakhstan. Sapargul Mirseitova , Kazakhstan Reading Association.
- Author(s)David Landis,Sapargul Mirseitova
- PublisherInformation Age Publishing
- Date of Publication30/11/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationGreenwich
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInformation Age Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.