All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany teachers in public schools find themselves increasingly unsure of what the law expects of them in the classroom. The general public and government regulators are holding them to higher and stricter standers of conduct, but their educational preparation has t kept up with the changing environment. Kwing Where to Draw the Line: Ethical and Legal Standards for Best Classroom Practice is an ideal guide for teacher education programs, offering a comprehensive account of the legal information that will arm teachers for legal survival in the classroom. Organized for both easy reference and thorough examination, Kwing Where to Draw the Line: Ethical and Legal Standards for Best Classroom Practice instructs teachers on how to deal with students, parents, administrators, and local communities, covering an exhaustive list of legal issues including: Sexual harassment, Discipline, Contract negotiations, Liability, and Medical Concerns. In addition, Kwing Where to Draw the Line: Ethical and Legal Standards for Best Classroom Practice highlights a number of court cases and uses hypothetical cases to further aid teachers in understanding these vital concerns.
- Author BiographyMary Ann Manos is Associate Professor in Teacher Education at Bradley University in Peoria, Illinois. She is a 30-year veteran of the classroom and a 2000 National Board for Professional Teaching Standards certified teacher in Early Adolescent English/Language Arts. She has taught elementary school through to the college level in both public and private settings. Her work at the university level includes teaching middle school methods and education foundation courses, as well as gifted education. She served for four years as the Director of the Bradley University Institute for Gifted and Talented Youth. Dr. Manos also works with the International Study Abroad programs at Bradley.
- Author(s)Mary Ann Manos
- Date of Publication30/09/2006
- SubjectLaw for the Layman
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight390 g
- Width161 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statementannotated edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.