All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book contributes to the discussion about the relevance of kwledge-intensive entrepreneurship for industrial invation in the context of traditional low-techlogy industries. There is a widespread assumption that low-tech industries offer limited opportunities for entrepreneurial activity due to their mature character. Yet there are indications that the phemen is finally emerging in these traditional sectors. This detailed book contributes to the ongoing political debate on relevant policy measures to promote future industrial invation. It extends awareness of the relevance of low-tech industries for future ecomic and societal development, linking both scientific and political perspectives. Detailed chapters identify the typical patterns, prerequisites and impacts of kwledge-intensive entrepreneurship, as well as the distribution of entrepreneurial activities in low-tech sectors. The authors conclude with policy recommendations to promote such activities. This book will appeal to social scientists, ecomists and students of invation and entrepreneurship studies. Policy-makers and company representatives will also find much of interest in this book, with its surprising insights into a field that has been so far neglected in the scientific as well as the policy-oriented debate.
- Author BiographyEdited by Hartmut Hirsch-Kreinsen, Professor of Economic and Industrial Sociology, TU Dortmund University, Germany and Isabel Schwinge, Research Associate and Lecturer at the Chair of Economic and Industrial Sociology, TU Dortmund University, Germany
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication30/05/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
- Edited byHartmut Hirsch-Kreinsen,Isabel Schwinge
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.