All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs we move through our modern world, the phemen we call kwledge is always involved. Whether we talk of kw-how, techlogy, invation, politics or education, it is the concept of kwledge that ties them all together. But despite its ubiquity as a modern trope we seldom encounter kwledge in itself. How is it produced, where does it reside, and who owns it? Is kwledge always beneficial, will we kw all there is to kw at some point in the future, and does kwledge really equal power? This book pursues an original approach to this concept that seems to define so many aspects of modern societies. It explores the topic from a distinctly sociological perspective, and traces the many ways that kwledge is woven into the very fabric of modern society.
- Author BiographyMarian Adolf is Professor of Media Culture at Zeppelin University. His research interest revolves around the interface of media and social change, communication and cultural theory. He has held appointments as Visiting Professor at Quest University and Alpen-Adria-University Klagenfurt, and currently serves as chair of the German Communication Association's section for Media Sociology. Nico Stehr is Karl Mannheim Professor of Cultural Studies at Zeppelin University in Friedrichshafen Germany. He formerly held professorships at the University of Alberta, Edmonton, The University of British Columbia, Ludwig Maximilians University in Munich and was Paul F. Lazarsfeld Guest Professor at the University of Vienna. He has published widely on the topic of Knowledge and is one of the proponents of Knowledge Society, a term that has acquired widespread currency not only in academia.
- Author(s)Marian Adolf,Nico Stehr
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/09/2016
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleKey Ideas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables
- Weight760 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.