All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- Description'Kwledge Management Foundations' is just what it claims, the first attempt to provide a secure intellectual footing for the myriad of practices called kwledge management. A breath of fresh air from the usual KM gurus, Fuller openly admits that the advent of KM is a mixed blessing that often amounts to the conduct of traditional management by subtler means. However, Fuller's deep understanding of both the history of management theory and kwledge production more generally enables him to separate the wheat from the chaff of the KM literature. This ground-breaking book will prove of interest to both academics and practitioners of kwledge management. It highlights the ways in which KM has challenged the values associated with kwledge that academics have taken for granted for centuries. At the same time, Fuller resists the conclusion of many KM gurus, that the value of kwledge lies in whatever the market will bear in the short term. He pays special attention to how information techlogy has t only facilitated kwledge work but also has radically altered its nature. There are chapters devoted to the revolution in intellectual property and an evaluation of peer review as a quality control mechanism. The book culminates in a positive re-evaluation of universities as kwledge producing institutions from which the corporate sector still has much to learn.
- Author BiographyOriginally trained in the history, philosophy, and sociology of science, he is best known for his research program of social epistemology, which he has developed in a journal and seven books, including Thomas Kuhn: A Philosophical History for Our Times (Chicago, 2000). Fuller has spoken in 25 countries and his work has been published in nine languages.
- Author(s)Steve Fuller
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/12/2001
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight442 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.