All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTwo themes have become epicenters of new management thinking in the late 1990s: kwledge management and competence-based approaches to strategic management. These two themes share a common interest in identifying important forms of organizational kwledge and in understanding processes through which kwledge can be transformed into organizational capabilities and competences. Kwledge Management and Organizational Competence draws on the latest research by a number of ted management scholars. It presents new insights into various kinds of kwledge that are of value to organizations, organizational interactions that can create strategically useful kwledge, alternative processes for managing kwledge, and approaches to integrating key forms of kwledge into organizational processes of competence building and leveraging. The papers in the volume collectively define a powerful conceptual framework for understanding organizational kwledge and its central role in building and leveraging competences. They present well articulated, logically consistent conceptualizations that will provide new theoretical impetus for management researchers, while at the same time providing case studies and examples of practical applications that suggest useful new methods and tools for management practitioners.
- Author BiographyRon Sanchez is Professor of Strategy and Technology Management at IMD (International Institute for Management Development), Lausanne, Switzerland. He has been Visiting Professor of Strategic Management at the Copenhagen Business School and ESSEC (Ecole Superieure des Sciences Economiques et Commerciales) in Paris. He consults with major corporations on organizational learning, knowledge management, and competence-based strategic management.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication06/03/2003
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Notenumerous figures and Tables
- Weight396 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byRon Sanchez
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.32New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $101.72New
- AU $79.09New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.30
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.