All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe receipt of kwledge is a key ingredient by which the tourism sector can adjust and adapt to its dynamic environment. However although its importance has long been recognised the fragmentation within the sector, largely as a result of it being comprised of small and medium sized businesses, makes understanding kwledge management challenging. This book applies kwledge management and social network theories to the business of tourism to shed light on successful operations of tourism kwledge networks. It contributes specifically to understanding a network perspective of the tourism sector, the information needs of tourism businesses, social network dynamics of tourism business operation, kwledge flows within the tourism sector and the transformation of the tourism sector through kwledge networks. Social Network Analysis is applied to fully explore the growth and maintenance of tourism kwledge networks and the relationships between tourism sector stakeholders in relation to their kwledge requirements. Kwledge Networks and Tourism will be valuable reading for all those interested in successful operations of tourism kwledge networks.
- Author BiographyMichelle McLeod is Lecturer in Tourism Management at the University of the West Indies. Her tourism industry experience spans over twenty years. Her present research interests are in the subject areas of tourism, knowledge management, knowledge networks, social networks, partnerships, policy and productivity, tourism policy, and tourism planning and development. Roger Vaughan is an economist who is currently Professor of Tourism Economics at Bournemouth University. His research has focused on the economic impacts of different leisure time activities (tourism, the Arts and countryside recreation) and on strategies, tactics and the evaluation of tourism development in rural and urban areas. He has also undertaken studies of the use and adoption of information technology in tourism. He is a Fellow of the Tourism Society.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/2014
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in Tourism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations, 8 black & white tables, 12 black & white line drawings
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byMichelle T. McLeod,Roger Vaughan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.