All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe relationships between kwledge, techlogies, and legal processes are central to the constitution of contemporary societies. As such, they have come to provide the focus for a range of academic projects, across interdisciplinary legal studies and the social sciences. The domains of medical law and ethics, intellectual property law, environmental law and criminal law are just some of those within which the pervasive place and 'impact' of techscience is immediately apparent. At the same time, social scientists investigating the making of techlogy and expertise - in particular, scholars working within the tradition of science and techlogy studies - frequently interrogate how regulation and legal processes, and the making of kwledge and techlogies, are intermingled in complex ways that come to shape and define each other. This book charts the important interface between studies of law, science and society, as explored from the perspectives of socio-legal studies and the increasingly influential field of science and techlogy studies. It brings together scholars from both areas to interrogate the joint roles of law and science in the construction and stabilization of socio-technical networks, objects, and standards, as well as their place in the production of contemporary social realities and subjectivities.
- Author BiographyEmilie Cloatre is a Senior Lecturer at Kent Law School. Martyn Pickersgill is Wellcome Trust Senior Research Fellow in Biomedical Ethics at the University of Edinburgh.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/03/2016
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations
- Weight467 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byEmilie Cloatre,Martyn Pickersgill
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.