All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGordon A. Craig (1913-2005), one of America's most distinguished historians of modern Germany, was an indefatigable essayist. This volume gathers previously uncollected articles from the last quarter of a career that spanned six decades. Placing politics in the perspective of culture, and culture in the perspective of politics, these essays examine the persistent tension between liberalism and militarism in German history, and include the author's reflections on political leadership, intellectual creativity, and military catastrophe.
- Author BiographyGordon A. Craig was the J.E. Wallace Sterling Professor in the Humanities at Stanford University. Tact and Intelligence: Essays on Diplomatic History and International Relations is a companion volume of his essays.
- Author(s)Gordon A. Craig
- PublisherSociety for the Promotion of Science & Scholarship Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication21/12/2012
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for the Promotion of Science & Scholarship Inc.,U.S.
- Content Notenotes, index
- Weight544 g
- Width151 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byBruce Thompson,Carolyn Halladay,Donald Abenheim
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.