Knowledge and Power in the Global Economy: The Effects of School Reform in a Neoliberal / Neoconservative Age by Taylor & Francis Inc (Hardback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $166.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $80.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe second edition of Kwledge and Power in the Global Ecomy examines how neoliberal and neoconservative policies are working in tandem to privatize and commercialize public schools. It looks at how these policies and the agendas behind them have impacted the internal dynamics of school management, teaching, and learning, as well as how they have transformed the external dynamics of education from a public good or service offered to serve public interests to a private enterprise primarily serving private interests. In addition to information, critique, and analysis, multiple perspectives are provided that readers can draw upon to formulate an alternative vision of education as a crucial element of social change along democratic and egalitarian lines. The first edition of this volume provided a critical encyclopedic approach to the rhetoric of educational reform as it developed from the 1980s through the 1990s-critiquing its vocabulary, elaborating the multiplicity of ways that the logic of neoliberalism and the emerging patterns of high stakes testing and accountability were impacting the curriculum, and introducing ideas associated with alternative and liberatory educational projects. Since its publication in 2000, policy developments, such as the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 in the U.S. and others in the U.K. and other parts of the world, have nationalized and intensified these patterns, deepening the logic and extent of neoliberalism's hold over educational reforms. At the same time, it is impossible to understand the current crises in education solely in terms of neoliberalism; the impact of neoconservatism must also be considered. Hence this second edition has a new subtitle: The Effects of School Reform in a Neoliberal/ Neoconservative Age. This edition is structured around five themes: * Political and Social Foundations * Anti-Educational Foundations: The Set-Up * Anti-Educational Foundations: The Trap * Classroom Consequence * Democracy's Path. This volume will particularly interest scholars and professionals across the fields of educational foundations, curriculum theory, and educational policy, and is well suited as a text for courses in these areas.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication15/11/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleSociocultural, Political and Historical Studies in Education
- Place of PublicationMahwah
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLawrence Erlbaum Associates Inc
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations
- Weight907 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byDavid A. Gabbard
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.