Knowledge and Understanding of the World by Richard Woolley, Linda Cooper, Jane Johnston, Emily Richardson (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $36.06Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.42+ AU $6.00 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a complete guide to this area the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), promoting a holistic approach and drawing on examples of good practice. Kwledge and Understanding of the World introduces this area of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) to trainee and qualified early years professionals. Teaching kwledge and understanding of the world to children aged between 0-5 years is introduced within the context of the EYFS. A balanced approach to the Early Learning Goals is encouraged ensuring that key principles of good early years practice are maintained and developed, and the holistic development of the child is promoted. This user-friendly guide will support early years professionals to: reflect on current practice and develop skills; evaluate the implications of research for early years practice and provision; promote interdisciplinary teamwork between those who work with and support young children; meet the diverse needs of children at different developmental stages and ages; and support children as they move within and beyond the EYFS. This series introduces each of the six areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS): Personal, Social and Emotional Development; Language, Literacy and Communication; Problem Solving, Reasoning and Numeracy; Kwledge and Understanding of the World; Creative Development; and, Physical Development. Each book delivers accessible yet rigorous support for practitioners, whether training or qualified, in developing their professional understanding and practice in each of these Early Learning Goals. Whilst considering each area in turn, the aim throughout the series is to promote the holistic development of the child. Each volume includes: an introduction to the key area; consideration of the development of children in the key area from birth to 3 years, 3 to 5 years, and into 5 to 7 years; consideration of the holistic development of the child and the impact of that development on the key area being discussed; research evidence to support practice; practical examples of good practice; discussions on leadership in the key area; and, support in the development of pedagogical skills and reflective professional practice. In line with the aims of the EYFS, this series will help you in meeting the challenges that come with supporting the different needs of children, working in multi-professional partnerships, balancing the different areas of development, and supporting transitions within and beyond the EYFS.
- Author BiographyLinda Cooper is Senior Lecturer on the BA (Hons) Primary Education with QTS at Bishop Grosseteste University College Lincoln, UK. Jane Johnston is a Reader in Education and Programme Leader for the BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies at Bishop Grosseteste University College Lincoln, UK. Emily Richardson is Senior Lecturer in Primary Geography Education at Roehampton University, UK. Richard Woolley is Senior Lecturer in Primary Education at Bishop Grosseteste University College Lincoln, UK.
- Author(s)Emily Richardson,Jane Johnston,Linda Cooper,Richard Woolley
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication11/11/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width169 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.26New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.75New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.87
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.