All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- Description2015 LONDON BOOK FESTIVAL WINNER and HONORABLE MENTION in the 2016 PARIS BOOK FESTIVAL Written from life experience and ringing with authenticity, Kwn to Social Services, winner of the 2015 London Book Festival and an Horable Mention in the 2016 Paris Book Festival, follows Diane Foster, a dedicated social worker, into the grim, grey world of the Deacon Hill estate in Millbrook and the tormented lives of its inhabitants. Domestic violence, child abuse, serial paedophiles and ex-convicts proliferate in the daily lives of most of the children, but Diane enters deeply into this world of misery to help the victims and keep together the fragile structure of society. Hampered by an administration inhabited by paper-shuffling and uninvolved, uncaring bureaucrats, Diane fights unremittingly to protect the children of Deacon Hill from rape, horror, random violence, female genital mutilation and murder, within the context of a horrifying barrenness and desolate existential reality. The sequel Caught in Traffick is w out, and it continues the story of Diane Foster. Set mainly in Thailand; Diane and her partner Ethan are on a working holiday, blissfully unaware of the dangers lurking against the beautiful backdrop of white beaches and glorious monuments. With gripping twists and turns, hair-raising rescue attempts and heart breaking tragedies which leave you in despair; Caught in Traffick will open your eyes to the disturbing underground world of child trafficking.
- Author BiographyFreya Barrington is the pen name of the author of the nonfiction book Known to Social Services, which attained #1 UK Bestseller status in the Social Work Category in 2015, won the 2016 London Book Festival and an Honorable mention in the 2016 Paris Book Festival. Gozo: Is the Grass Greener? is her second book, won the 2016 Paris Book Festival and an Honorable Mention in the 2015 London Book Festival. Her third book Caught in Traffick won an Honorable Mention in the 2016 London Book Festival. Freya is a senior child protection social worker in the UK, who works for local authorities that require experienced social workers to offer support when there are staff shortages. Freya holds a Diploma in Social Work from the University of Derby, with an award for excellence in practice. She is also a registered member in good standing with the Health & Care Professions Council (UK).
- Author(s)Freya Barrington
- PublisherFARAXA Publishing
- Date of Publication26/02/2015
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Country of PublicationMalta
- ImprintFARAXA Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.