All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.40
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe keywords migration, elite, and confession that form the leitmotiv of this book allow a focus on major subjects of research in early modern history. Concentrating on subjects relevant to the history of education, the essays collected here offer manifold insights into new source material and the evaluation of methods. The fifteen papers cover a wide range of topics related to the education of academic theologians and clergy in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. As training programmes differed from university to university, this gave rise to migration and an extensive communicative network. Although a final conclusion of methodological questions requires more research, the volume provides an important contribution to the interdisciplinary discussion between representatives of the many historical disciplines. The fifteen contributors: Luca Baschera, Amy Nelson Burnett, Otfried Czaika, Simone Giese, Anja-Silvia Going, Leonhard Hell, Wim Janse, Julian Kummerle, Andreas Muhling, Hans Peterse, Frank van der Pol, Sunje Pruhlen, Alexander Schunka, Sven Tode, and Jason Zuidema.
- Author BiographyHerman Johan Selderhuis (1961) is Professor of Church History and Church Polity at the Theological University Apeldoorn, and Director of the Institute for Reformation Research. His other functions include those of Chair of the Editorial Committee of Martin Bucer's Latin works (Martin Bucer: Opera Latina) and President of the International Congress on Calvin Research. Markus Wriedt (1958) is Professor of Church History and Historical Theology at Marquette University and Johann Wolfgang von Goethe University, Frankfurt/Main. He is managing editor of the Archive for Reformation History - Literature review, and author or editor of several books on late medieval and Reformation theology.
- Date of Publication27/11/2007
- Languageger, eng
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleBrill's Series in Church History and Religious Culture
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 31
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Noteill
- Weight769 g
- Width16 mm
- Height24 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byHerman J. Selderhuis,Markus Wriedt
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.