Korean Folk Songs: Stars in the Sky and Dreams in Our Hearts by Samee Back, Robert Choi (Mixed media product, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.66Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 4 Jan
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Korean Folk Songs, music teacher Robert Choi shares 14 of Korea's best-loved classic children's songs with musical scores and lyrics in both Korean and English. Born and bred in Chicago, Choi's parents raised their son with a keen appreciation for their native Korean culture. The traditional melodies they taught him left a deep impression. Included in this collection are well-kwn children's songs such as Splashing Around and Mountain Rabbit that incorporate fun actions and gestures. Also traditional standards that have been passed down from generation to generation, such as Blue Birds and Arirang. Each Korean children's song features a musical score with the lyrics in Korean script and romanized form, and an English version of the lyrics. Historical and cultural tes are included and for the children's songs, Choi describes the accompanying actions. An audio CD contains recordings of all the songs, along with tracks that allow you to sing along. Every page has beautiful full-color illustrations of traditional Korean scenes by the talented Korean artist SamEe Back. Just as songs like Home on the Range or Oh! Susanna are part of traditional American culture, the songs in Korean Folk Songs are a valuable resource for anyone with an interest in Korean culture, history and language.
- Author BiographyFrom an early age, Robert Choi learned traditional Korean folk songs and was introduced to Korean culture through food, music, language, and martial arts. Previously a member of the Singapore Symphony Orchestra, he currently serves as a full-time music educator. Illustrator SamEe Back lives in Seoul where she studies Visual Design at Duksung Women's University. Korean Folk Songs is her first work of published illustrations.
- Author(s)Robert Choi,Samee Back
- PublisherTuttle Publishing
- Date of Publication20/10/2014
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTuttle Publishing
- Content Notefull-colour illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-Audio
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.