All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionKoreans are one of the fastest-growing visible mirity groups in Canada today. However, very few studies of their experiences in Canada or their paths of integration are available to public and academic communities. Korean Immigrants in Canada provides the first scholarly collection of papers on Korean immigrants and their offspring from interdisciplinary, social scientific perspectives. The contributors explore the historical, psychological, social, and ecomic dimensions of Korean migration, settlement, and integration across the country. A variety of important topics are covered, including the demographic profile of Korean-Canadians, immigrant entrepreneurship, mental health and stress, elder care, language maintenance, and the experiences of students and the second generation. Readers will find interconnecting themes and synthesized findings throughout the chapters. Most importantly, this collection serves as a platform for future research on Koreans in Canada.
- Author BiographySamuel Noh is the David Crombie Professor of Cultural Pluralism and Health in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Toronto. Ann H. Kim is an associate professor in the Department of Sociology at York University. Marianne S. Noh is a postdoctoral scholar in the Arthur Labatt Family School of Nursing at the University of Western Ontario.
- Author(s)Ann C. Kim,Marianne Noh,Samuel Noh
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication06/09/2012
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleAsian Canadian Studies
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Note16 figures
- Weight460 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.