All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Kings Indian Defence is one of Blacks most dynamic and aggressive responses to 1.d4. A favourite weapon of both Fischer and Kasparov, it remains a popular choice at all levels of play. In this, the third volume of the Kotronias on the Kings Indian series, grandmaster Vassilios Kotronias presents the second part of his world-class repertoire against the famous Mar del Plata variation, starting from the position after 1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 g6 3.Nc3 Bg7 4.e4 d6 5.Nf3 00 6.Be2 e5 7.00 Nc6 8.d5 Ne7, with the focus on 9.b4, 9.Nd2 and all other sensible alternatives to 9.Ne1. Once again, Kotronias provides a turbo-charged repertoire for Black, with a plethora of velties and original analysis. As well as providing detailed analysis, the author also shares his considerable kwledge of typical middlegame themes, both positional and tactical. A special selection of test positions is provided, enabling the reader to sharpen his tactical skills and increase his middlegame understanding.
- Author BiographyVassilios Kotronias became Greek Champion for the tenth time in December 2014. He is feared for his profound opening preparation, and is one of the worlds foremost experts on the Kings Indian Defence.
- Author(s)Vassilios Kotronias
- PublisherQuality Chess UK LLP
- Date of Publication01/02/2015
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationGlasgow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuality Chess UK LLP
- Content Noteb/w illus
- Weight472 g
- Width170 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.