All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionThe Kings Indian Defence is one of Blacks most dynamic responses to 1.d4. A favourite weapon of both Fischer and Kasparov, it remains a popular choice at all levels of play. In this, the fourth volume of the epic Kotronias on the Kings Indian series, Grandmaster Vassilios Kotronias tackles a variety of Whites attempts to challenge his favourite opening, starting with the sequence 1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 g6 3.Nc3 Bg7 4.e4 d6. The all-time greats Petrosian and Gligoric lend their names to systems examined after the further 5.Nf3 00 6.Be2 e5, with 7.d5 and 7.Be3 respectively, while the dreaded Exchange Variation 7.dxe5 is also discussed and dismantled. Dynamic coverage of Makogovs 5.Nf3/6.h3, Karpovs 5.h3/6.Be3, Larsens 5.Nf3/6.Be3 and Averbakhs 5.Be2 completes this extensive work. Throughout the work, the author shares his considerable kwledge of typical positional motifs, while providing plenty of ammunition should the game erupt into the full-blooded warfare that is the hallmark of the Kings Indian. A special selection of test positions is provided, enabling the reader to sharpen his tactical skills and improve his middlegame understanding.
- Author BiographyVassilios Kotronias has been Greek Champion ten times. He is feared for his profound opening preparation, and is one of the worlds foremost experts on the Kings Indian Defence.
- Author(s)Vassilios Kotronias
- PublisherQuality Chess UK LLP
- Date of Publication01/04/2016
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationGlasgow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuality Chess UK LLP
- Content Noteb/w illus
- Weight726 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.