Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $98.79
About this product
- DescriptionOn July 29, 1910, George Herriman added a small horizontal panel across the bottom of his syndicated newspaper strip The Dingbat Family.A The images had thing to do with the story above, but here for the first time a mouse threw a brick at a cat's head and Krazy Kat and Ignatz Mouse were born! During its 31-year run, Krazy KatA was ermously popular with the public, writers, artists, and intellectuals of the time. George Herriman's work has since hung in museums, been the subject of academic treatises, been reprinted in prestigious tomes, and even appeared on a U.S. postage stamp in 1995. It has been admired by generations of comics enthusiasts-when The Comics Journal compiled the top 100 comics of the 20th century in 1999, Krazy Kat headed the list at #1. Krazy Kat & The Art of George Herriman: A Celebration is a tribute to one of the most influential and invative comic strips of all time. This book will include essays by Jay Cantor, Douglas Wolk, Harry Katz, Richard Thompson, Dee Cox, Craig McCracken, Bill Watterson, and authorized reprints of two seminal essays on Herriman by Gilbert Seldes, and E.E. Cummings.Unpublished artwork, paintings by Herriman, photos, interviews, and images of rare Krazy Kat toys will also be featured. Krazy Kat has influenced numerous artists and remains a favorite of comics' aficionados. This anniversary celebration by Craig Yoe will be a unique collection of art, essays, memorabilia, and biography that will highlight the art and career of the first genius of the comics.
- Author BiographyCraig Yoe runs the New York design firm YOE! Studio with Clizia Gussoni and is the author of over 30 books including The Art of Mickey Mouse and our very own Secret Identity: The Festish Art of Superman's Co-creator Joe Shuster. Yoe has won the Gold Medal from the Society of Illustrators, two Addys, the Mobius and an Eisner Award for his work. George Herriman (1880-1944) was born in New Orleans in 1880 and created the seminal and influential comic strip Krazy Kat. Hailed as the greatest comic of the 20th century by The Comics Journal, Herriman produced daily and Sunday Krazy Kat strips that were tremendously popular and inspired merchandise, critical acclaim and even an interpretive ballet.
- Author(s)Craig Yoe,George Herriman
- Date of Publication09/10/2010
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note200 full-colour illustrations
- Weight1234 g
- Width229 mm
- Height311 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.