All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe come from the desert is the story of Minyjun (Monty Hale), a senior Ngulipartu man from the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Written in his own language and in English, Minyjun shares with us his extraordinary life, from his family's migration from the desert to the station country of the eastern Pilbara, his childhood growing up on Mt Edgar Station, witnessing Australia's engagement in World War II, and the famous Pilbara station-workers' strike of 1946. This is a story rich in humour and in the ways of Ngulipartu culture. It is because of Minyjun's remarkable memory, his vast cultural kwledge and his strong desire to leave a record of his life that we are able to share in this unique story of a Pilbara man.
- Author BiographyMonty Hale (Minyjun) is a senior Ngulipartu man and a leading authority on the Nyangumarta language of the Pilbara region of Western Australia. He is also an educator, and played a key role in the establishment and operation of the first independent, community-run Aboriginal school in Australia. Minyjun continues to teach others in the language and history of his people.
- Author(s)Monty Hale
- PublisherAboriginal Studies Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationCanberra
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAboriginal Studies Press
- Content Noteb/w illus
- Weight980 g
- Width225 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.