All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFriedrich Scheiermacher's Brief Account ( Kurze Darstellung ), published, as was his Christian Faith , in two seperate editions in 1811 and 1830, summarizes his whole view at that time of the study of theology . In four sections (introduction, philosophical theology, historical theology and practical theology) it develops Scheiermacher's overall conception of theology as a university discipline together with its sub-disciplines. It achieves this by giving a formal definition of the functions of theology both as a whole and in its parts. The Brief Account shows the great force of Scheiermacher's systematic thought and is basic to the study of his understanding of theology. The study edition in the de Gruyter Texts series is based on the Complete Critical Edition (KGA I/6). It shows the pagination and line numbering of the KGA, so that it is possible to quote by the KGA. The volume opens with a comprehensive introduction by Dirk Schmid.
- Author BiographyDer Herausgeber ist Privatgelehrter und am Predigerseminar Celle ansassig.
- Author(s)Friedrich Scheiermacher
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication30/04/2002
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleDe Gruyter Texte S.
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byDirk Schmid
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.