All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKylie: La La La will include over 300 photos, most of which have never been seen before. Some originate from Kylie's personal archive, and show Kylie at her most relaxed and natural, revealing a side to her that is only ever seen by her friends and family. And then there are the extraordinary photoshoots that have defined Kylie as a style icon, taken by the world's foremost photographers. This whole collection documents a remarkable career spanning over fifteen years. There will be 40,000 words of text by Kylie and William Baker, one of Kylie's closest friends who has worked as her stylist and creative director for nearly a decade. William's unique position and personal relationship with Kylie, as well as his experience in fashion and design, make him a wonderfully informative and sharp commentator on the diva's dizzying rise to fame. Kylie also writes about 'Neighbours', her singing career, her relationships, the tours she's done, and about her extraordinary life in general. This is an inspirational study of the separation between Kylie's public and private personas, of her strengths and weaknesses, fears and hopes. It's also a fabulous celebration of friendship and fashion.
- Author BiographyKylie Minogue is 34 years old, and has been famous for fifteen years - since starring in 'Neighbours' as Charlene. One night in 1987 she sings Little Eva's hit 'The Locomotion' with some of the 'Neighbours' cast at an Australian Rules football game. As a result she is signed by the Australian label Mushroom, and then with Stock, Aitken and Waterman in London. The first song she cuts is 'I Should Be So Lucky' which reaches Number One in UK and in twelve other territories. Her debut album eventually sells 14 million copies worldwide. Her other Number One hits include 'Especially For You', 'Hand On Your Heart', 'Enjoy Yourself', 'Tears On My Pillow'. Over a decade after her first Number One, Kylie is still hitting the top of the charts, with 'Spinning Around' in 2000 and then the award-winning 'Can't Get You Out Of My Head'.
- Author(s)Kylie Minogue,William Baker
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication07/11/2002
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder & Stoughton Ltd
- Out-of-print date30/07/2009
- Content Note600 colour & b&w illustrations throughout
- Weight1413 g
- Width223 mm
- Height26 mm
- Spine283 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.