All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKyongju is the archeological site of the royal capital of the first millennium kingdom of Silla. Because its ancient objects have mattered a great deal t only to its citizens but to the South Korean state and a variety of international actors, Kyongju is the site of a unique intersection of Kyongju things. Oppenheim uses the controversy spurred by the proposed routing of South Korea's first high-speed railway line through Kyongju, to detail a battle in which the futures of Korean democracy, national culture, and Kyongju development were all said to be at stake.
- Author BiographyRobert Oppenheim is Assistant Professor of Asian Studies at the University of Texas at Austin.
- Author(s)Robert Oppenheim
- PublisherThe University of Michigan Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2008
- Place of PublicationAnn Arbor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of Michigan Press
- Content Note15 b&w photographs, 9 line drawings
- Weight445 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
- AU $15.69Trending at AU $23.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.