All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe only guide you'll need for getting around Kyoto and Nara. Everything you need is in this one convenient package; including a large pull-out map! This brand new Japan travel guide by award-winning author Rob Goss, a longtime Japan resident, is designed for people with limited time. It covers t only the unique UNESCO World Heritage sites but also bustling Nishiki-koji street market and many smaller shrines and temples where enchanting moss and tree gardens lie hidden behind high stone walls. The list of things to do and see in Kyoto and Nara is literally endless, which is why you need an experienced author to point the way. Key features of this travel pack include: Kyoto and Nara's Best Sights highlights the top 11 things to see and do, from strolling the meditative grounds of Ginkaku-ji temple and contemplating the cryptic design of Ryoan-ji's Zen rock garden to exploring the bamboo grove in Arashiyama and enlivening the senses with a wander around Nishiki-koji food market. Exploring Kyoto and Nara takes you deep into the two former capitals with eight day-by-day guides, one day starting with a walk among the teahouses and geisha-houses of Gion and finishing in the sprawling grounds of Nijo Castle; other days taking in sights such as the gilded temple of Kinkaku-ji and the gardens of Daitoku-ji, or exploring the cluster of UNESCO World Heritage sites in Nara. Author's Recommendations gives specific details on the best hotels and restaurants; the most kid-friendly activities; the best night spots; the top shopping areas; the best museums and galleries; the best cultural experiences, and the best festivals. Travel Practicalities provides essential information to make your trip go smoothly, from useful Japanese phrases and websites to information on money, transportation, travel visas, and much more.Easy-to-use and easy to carry, Tuttle Travel Pack Kyoto and Nara is packed with invaluable information, detailed maps, great photography, and tips on how to make the most of your stay while avoiding all of the fuss.
- Author BiographyRob Goss is a British writer based in Tokyo, focusing on travel writing and books and features on Japan. He also dabbles in haiku and short fiction. To date, Rob is the author of three travel books with Tuttle Publishing: the award-winning Travel Pack Japan (North American Travel Journalists Association 2013 Gold Prize Winner), Travel Pack Tokyo (2014) and the upcoming Tokyo: Capital of Cool (2015). Rob has also contributed to and/or updated Japan guidebooks for Rough Guides, Fodor's, Insight Guides, Dorling Kindersley, and National Geographic. As well as books, Rob has written for more than 70 magazines and online publications, from National Geographic Traveler magazine and TIME to the in-flight magazines of Continental, Delta, Emirates, KLM, Korean Air, Qatar Airways and US Airways. More recently, Rob has self-published a collection of haiku and is currently working on first collection of short stories. Rob is a member of the British Guild of Travel Writers and the North American Travel Journalist Association.
- Author(s)Rob Goss
- PublisherTuttle Publishing
- Date of Publication27/10/2016
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationJapan
- ImprintTuttle Publishing
- Content Noteincludes a pull-out map
- Weight227 g
- Width130 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
Save on Other
- AU $28.28Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $20.03
- AU $12.54Trending at AU $12.92
- AU $18.01Trending at AU $34.82
- AU $15.00Trending at AU $26.03
- AU $21.99Trending at AU $23.17
- AU $16.36Trending at AU $17.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.