All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionThere has always been a lot of confusion and misconception regarding the short-story. What exactly is it? What exactly defines it? And if a true literary artiste is capable of churning out a whole vel, why waste time on a bunch of stories in the first place? C. Bradford Eastland, author of the groundbreaking vel Where Gods Gamble, answers all these questions and more in his masterwork collection of short fiction, L.A. Journal . Throughout the twenty-two stories of this stalgic, regionally driven volume, Eastland the artist's lifelong mission becomes clear; to leave behind a handful of powerful, original, timeless vignettes of the times and places in which he lived. Along the way, he takes a stab at making sense of many of the great issues-love, lust, war, religion, friendship, betrayal, craziness, joblessness, homelessness, homophobia, racism, patriotism, terrorism, and the Giants versus the Dodgers-we humans brush up against every day of our lives. So take a look at Los Angeles through the eyes of a bum, a bartender, a disillusioned writer, an old Negro Leagues ballplayer, and a little boy angry at God-among others. You might wind up seeing one of the greatest and most mocked cities on Earth in a wholly different light.
- Author(s)C Bradford Eastland
- Date of Publication02/01/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight776 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.