All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBeginning with a glance back over the entire history of research and commentary on the Oz books, this work is organized in three main sections. Essays in the Origins of Oz examine Frank Baum's personal history and unlock the mystery of one of the most bizarre episodes in the Oz books. The World of Oz looks at three very different aspects of Baum's world: its concept of home and family, its sense of humor, and its relationship to its young readers. Oz on Screen features both the silent films Baum produced himself and MGM's classic movie The Wizard of Oz.
- Author BiographySuzanne Rahn is Associate Professor of English at Pacific Lutheran University, Tacoma, Washington and Director of their Children's Literature Program. She is also the author of Children's Literature: An Annotated Bibliography of the History and Criticism, Rediscoveries in Children's Literature and The Wizard of Oz: Shaping an Imaginary World.
- Author(s)Suzanne Rahn
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication28/04/2003
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleChildren's Literature Association Centennial Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Notebibliography, footnotes
- Weight367 g
- Width141 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.