All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionL-vis lives! A poetic journey of artists past and present who use and misuse Black culture, L-vis traces the story of an American archetype, from Elvis Presley to Eminem. All aspects of this cultural phemen - both positive and negative - are taken into account in Kevin Coval's fascinating and deeply moving collection. In this original poetry collection, Kevin Coval combines and re-imagines Elvis Presley, Eminem, the Beastie Boys and other artists who have used and misused black culture into a contemporary 'L-Vis' character.
- Author BiographyKevin Coval is the author of ALA Book of the Year finalist Slingshots: A Hip-Hop Poetica and Everyday People. Co-founder and Artistic Director of Louder Than a Bomb: The Chicago Teen Poetry Festival, Coval is also a four time HBO Def Poet and can be seen in the feature documentary Louder Than a Bomb by Emmy award-winning filmmakers Siskel/Jacobs productions. Based in Chicago, he teaches at the School of the Art Institute and is a regular contributor to WBEZ Chicago Public Radio. Patricia Smith is a multiple award-winning poet, author of Blood Dazzler, finalist for the 2008 National Book Award and one of NPR's Top Books of 2008, and the National Poetry Series winner Teahouse of the Almighty. Smith is also a four-time National Poetry Slam champion.
- Author(s)Kevin Coval
- PublisherHaymarket Books
- Date of Publication20/10/2011
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaymarket Books
- Weight163 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.