All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $203.71
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.84
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.93
- AU $64.77Trending at AU $69.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a practical guide to using and maintaining an LC/MS system. The combination of liquid chromatography (LC) and mass spectrometry (MS) has become the laboratory tool of choice for a broad range of industries that require the separation, analysis, and purification of mixtures of organic compounds. LC/MS: A Practical User's Guide provides LC/MS users with an easy-to-use, hands-on reference that focuses on the practical applications of LC/MS and introduces the equipment and techniques needed to use LC/MS successfully. Following a thorough explanation of the basic components and operation of the LC/MS system, the author presents empirical methods for optimizing the techniques, maintaining the instrumentation, and choosing the appropriate MS or LC/MS analyzer for any given problem. LC/MS covers everything users need to kw about: the latest equipment, including quadrupole, time-of-flight, and ion trap analyzers; cutting-edge processes, such as preparing HPLC mobile phases and samples; handling and maintaining a wide variety of silica, zirconium, and polymeric separation columns; interpreting and quantifying mass spectral data and using MS interfaces; current and future applications in the pharmaceutical and agrochemical industries, biotechlogy, clinical research, environmental studies, and forensics. An accompanying PowerPoint(r) slide-set on CD-ROM provides vital teaching tools for instructors and new equipment operators. Abundantly illustrated and easily accessible, the text is designed to help students and practitioners acquire optimum proficiency in this powerful and rapidly advancing analytical application.
- Author BiographyMARVIN C. McMASTER, PhD, is a consultant and adjunct professor of chemistry at the University of Missouri St. Louis, teaching courses on HPLC, GC/MS, and laboratory computing. He is a former researcher and product developer for DuPont, Kraft Foods, and Ciba-Geigy, and previously worked as a technical sales support specialist for instrument companies. Dr. McMaster is the author of HPLC: A Practical User's Guide and coauthor, with Christopher McMaster, of GC/MS: A Practical User's Guide (both from Wiley).
- Author(s)Marvin McMaster
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication26/08/2005
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight466 g
- Width164 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Contained items statementContains CD-ROM
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.