All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith the development of new quantitative strategies and powerful bioinformatics tools to cope with the analysis of the large amounts of data generated in proteomics experiments, liquid chromatography with tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) is making possible the analysis of proteins on a global scale, meaning that proteomics can w start competing with cDNA microarrays for the analysis of whole gemes. In LC-MS/MS in Proteomics: Methods and Applications, experts in the field provide protocols and up-to-date reviews of the applications of LC-MS/MS, with a particular focus on MS-based methods of protein and peptide quantification and the analysis of post-translational modifications. Beginning with overviews of the use of LC-M/MS in protein analysis, the book continues with topics such as protocols for the analysis of post-translational modifications, with particular focus on phosphorylation and glycosylation, popular techniques for quantitative proteomics, such as multiple reaction monitoring, metabolic labelling, and chemical tagging, biomarker discovery in biological fluids, as well as vel applications of LC-MS/MS. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology(TM) series format, chapters include introductions to their respective subjects, lists of necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tes on troubleshooting and avoiding kwn pitfalls. Comprehensive and cutting-edge, LC-MS/MS in Proteomics: Methods and Applications presents the techniques and concepts necessary in order to aid proteomic practitioners in the application of LC-MS/MS to essentially any biological problem.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication12/08/2010
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 658
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note23 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1880 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJohn F. Timms,Pedro R. Cutillas
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2010
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.