All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe longest walk you can do in Britain, without doubling back on yourself, is Land's End to John O'Groats. And so on a misty, drizzly and frankly uninspiring morning Robin Richards stepped off the bus at Land's End with his boots blacked and his rucksack ready. It was day sixteen of his redundancy. Robin Richards faced mid-life and redundancy by pulling on his rucksack and setting off to walk from Lands' End to John O'Groats. Le-Jog-ed is his unique story, a travelogue of hill walking, redundancy and humour. The walk from Land's End to John O'Groats is iconic, and Robin uses the miles trekked to present his interesting, insightful and sensitive account that will appeal to all readers interested in this classic walk. The subject matter of redundancy/early retirement and the trek itself is handled with a light touch and shot through with gentle humour.
- Author BiographyRobin Richards has been writing since 1992, and has had articles and short stories published. In 2008 he retired from work after 30 years as a psychiatric nurse and nurse lecturer and has been focusing on his writing ever since. He lives in Chesterfield with his wife.
- Author(s)Robin Richards
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication07/11/2013
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLeicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations, 1 map
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.