All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrench Text In 1919, an aviator officer named Anselme Marchal published an account of his war years. The book was a great success with the public, who had come to kw this extraordinary figure of aeronautics who had the distinction of being the only pilot to have flown over Berlin between 1914 and 1918, during an epic 1300 km raid. In addition, his incredible escape from the famous camp in Magdebourg in the company of Roland Garros. Extensively reported on by the newspapers of the time, as well as the crazy enemy territory inspired Jean Reir, in 1937, to write the screenplay for 'La Grande Illusion' and the camp character Lieutenant Marshal was played by Jean Gabin. Becoming untraceable, this testimony is revealed for the first time in nearly a century, proposed to readers today in this volume that seeks to put the story in its context and to trace the course of this pilot's out of the ordinary, heroic life in military aeronautics.
- Author BiographyPaul Villatoux, doctor of history and historical research advisor of the French army, air warfare expert, has published several books on the wars of the twentieth century.
- Author(s)Paul Villatoux
- PublisherHistoire & Collections
- Date of Publication01/03/2014
- SubjectAircraft & Spacecraft: General Interest
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- ImprintHistoire & Collections
- Weight499 g
- Width155 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $52.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.