All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionImagine learning Italian through opera. L'italia con l'opera: Lingua, cultura e conversazione is a book to help students do just that. Designed to supplement intermediate level programs, the book is rich eugh to be used in courses emphasizing language, conversation, and/or culture. Six operas are examined: Il barbiere di Siviglia, La Boheme, Pagliacci, Otello, Tosca, and La traviata. L'italia con l'opera offers serious fun for students, familiarizing them with great operas through discussion of well-kwn characters, plots, settings, themes, criticism, and interpretation while they acquire vocabulary, accuracy, and fluency. Each richly detailed opera unit contains interactive speaking activities, reading comprehension, contemporary vocabulary, grammar, and writing activities as well as a focus on a specific aria or duet. Students are encouraged to tell stories, interpret characters, express and react to opinions, use appropriate vocabulary, and analyze themes using modern Italian. The book includes recommended lists of high-quality opera recordings on videocassette, DVD, audiotape, and CD. Units of study are designed to be used with excerpts from English-subtitled opera videos or DVDs.
- Author BiographyDaniela Noe is senior associate, Italian Department, Barnard College, and language coordinator, Italian Programme, Barnard and Columbia Colleges. Frances A. Boyd is senior lecturer in language, American Language Programme, Columbia University.
- Author(s)Daniela Noe,Frances A. Boyd
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2002
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Series TitleYale Language
- Place of PublicationNew haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight711 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.