All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionMozart was commissioned to write La Clemenza di Tito for the coronation of the Holy Roman Emperor Leopold II as King of Bohemia. Working with libretto by Metastasio, he based the plot on incidents in the life of the Roman emperor Titus and composed the opera during the same climactic period in which he completedRequiem and The Magic Flute. La Clemenza di Tito was first performed in Prague in 1791, a few weeks before the premiere of The Magic Flute in Vienna. Whatever enjoymentMozart and Leopold II may have derived from the opera, it was short-lived; both composer and king were dead within a year of the debut.Long neglected but w frequently performed and recorded, this Mozart masterpiece is once again a popular favorite of opera audiences worldwide. It is reprinted here from the authoritative edition published by Breitkopf & Hartel of Leipzig.
- Author BiographyA child prodigy who blossomed into the Classical era's most influential composer, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756 91) wrote more than 600 works in his brief life. His oeuvre encompasses a wide variety of genres, including symphonic, chamber, operatic, and choral music.
- Author(s)Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication01/09/1993
- LanguageEnglish & German & Italian
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Out-of-print date10/09/2012
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight569 g
- Width238 mm
- Height310 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.