All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionLos Angeles may be best kwn as the hub of the film and television industry, but this collection of short fiction proves that beyond the beach and the glamour of Hollywood there is much more that makes the City of Angels special. Featuring an eclectic mix of fiction from a variety of talented literary minds including TC Boyle, Ron Carlson, Judith Freeman, Percival Everett, and more this anthology defies genre or easy categorization. Topics explored range from the deeply personal, such as a lesbian couple's loss of a child and the reaction of a young man to a natural disaster, to the larger-than-life, including a vivid tale of a robot-infested dystopian Long Beach. This allows the creativity and vivacity of the Los Angeles literary scene to be put on display, with a powerful sense of place as the core of this ambitious and insightful project.
- Author BiographyKate Gale is the Managing Editor of Red Hen Press and Editor of The Los Angeles Review. She is author and editor to several books, most recently The Goldilocks Zone (University of New Mexico Press, 2014) and Echo Light (Red Mountain Press, 2014), and her work has been featured in a variety of literary journals and blogs. A resident of Southern California, she teaches in the low-residency MFA program at the University of Nebraska. John Brantingham is the Writer-in-Residence at the dA Center for Cultural Arts, and his work has been featured on Garrison Keillor s Writer s Almanac. His books include the short story collection, Let Us All Pray Now to Our Own Strange Gods and the crime novel Mann of War. His newest poetry collection The Green of Sunset is from Moon Tide Press. He teaches at Mt. San Antonio College in Walnut, California and is the president of the non-profit, the San Gabriel Valley Literary Festival.
- PublisherRed Hen Press
- Date of Publication03/05/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRed Hen Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJohn Brantingham,Kate Gale
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.