All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
About this product
- DescriptionIn the 1970s, rewned interior designer Juan Montoya lived on La Formentera, a Balearic Island off the Mediterranean coast of Spain. Later, near Garrison, New York, Montoya acquired land and built his place of solace, his own La Formentera. He fulfilled his dream of a property that could evoke the same majesty of that island's rocky terrain, without the Mediterranean climate. The retreat is made up of an elegantly simple Japanese-style house and 100 acres of pristine landscape, shaped by Montoya himself. Setting out on the paths, one encounters massive stone sculptures, an inviting pool complex, and rustic shelters made of rough stone. A rushing brook runs through the property, and empties into a lake with a small island where thousands of daffodils bloom in the spring. La Formentera is the perfect refuge for Montoya, whose credo is, I want to be surrounded by beauty and creativity. <br> Photographer Eric Piasecki has captured that beauty and creativity inherent to this unique place in all seasons--from the deep greens of summer, to the golden leaves of fall, to the pristine sw drifts of winter, to the first blush of spring. Karen Bloch's engaging text tells the remarkable story of the property, as well as the great pleasure it gives Juan Montoya and all who visit there.
- Author BiographyERIC PIASECKI is a New York-based photographer, specializing in interiors and landscapes. His work is widely published in design magazines including Architectural Digest, Elle Decor, and House Beautiful, to name just a few. <br>KAREN LEHRMAN BLOCH is the editorial director of Grafia Books. She has written critical articles for many major publications, such as The New York Times Book Review, The New Republic, The Wall Street Journal, Mother Jones, and Vogue.
- Author(s)Eric Piasecki
- PublisherMonacelli Press
- Date of Publication08/10/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMonacelli Press
- Out-of-print date23/11/2015
- Content Note205 Colour Illustrations
- Weight2341 g
- Width279 mm
- Height356 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.