All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionFrance was among the very first countries to have Star Wars related merchandise at retail in 1977, including some items exclusively designed for the domestic market before the progressive standardization of products was implemented across Europe. LA FRENCH TOUCH book is the outcome of years of research and collecting. It is the MOST comprehensive and yet-complete book about vintage Star Wars collectibles from France. It features individual product photography of the entire range of French merchandise released from 1977 to 1987 - some heretofore unreferenced or thought to exist only in myth, including as well the French MECCANO and European TRILOGO toys lines. It re-examines the response the original Star Wars movies received in France, through a wide selection of press and documentary references. Readers will enjoy the development of the merchandising and marketing associated with this world-famous license throughout 270 color pages and 1500+ stunning photographies.
- Author BiographyStephane Faucourt grew up in France in the 1970s and is part of the first generation of star Wars fans. After assembling one of European's largest Collection of French toys and documents from 1977 to 1986, he contributes to various websites and magazines with content. Stephane has published several books: From Meccano to Trilogo (2006) an instant-hit which revealed to collectors the action figure toys released in France during 1978-86, then La French Touch (2013) featuring the entire range of merchandise and documents released in France during the classic Trilogy era. He also co-authored the first official book published in France with domestic content La Guerre des Etoiles - Star Wars vu de France in 2015. Stephane has contributed to collecting panels at various events and official Celebration London (2007), Essen (2013), Anaheim USA (2015).
- Author(s)Stephane Faucourt
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication11/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight765 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.