Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.06
- AU $73.18Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $45.77
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.57
About this product
- DescriptionLa gaviota , the great Fernan Caballero Spanish vel, in a US printed edition. Fernan Caballero is one of the great XIX Century Spanish velist, considered the first to introduce the realist vel in Spain. That alone would have granted the author a place among Spanish writers, but the fact that Caballero is a pseudonim behind which, stands a woman, transforms the author into a velistic character in her own right. Cecilia Bohl de Faber's life is as fascinating as her characters. Born in Switzerland, educated in France, Cecilia Bohl became a highly successful woman writer in Spain, even regarded as the Spanish answer to Walter Scott, t a mir feat in the Spanish society of that time. La gaviota is her first vel. Originally written in French it was translated into Spanish with the author's own supervision, and immediately caught the demanding Spanish literary circles attention. Even though this is the type of books reserved to Spanish studies readings, in this edition we took care to include just the necessary antations as to help the modern reader sail through the vel without any obtrusive lengthy interruptions. If you enjoy reading in Spanish, and admire brilliant prose, this is a book to read.
- Author(s)Fernan Caballero
- Date of Publication05/01/2004
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationBuenos Aires
- Country of PublicationArgentina
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight415 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.