All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionClassic sing-alongs for children This vibrant, engaging assortment offers children an entertaining introduction to the French language. From stories of friendship, family, discovery, and self-esteem to silly, snappy songs of one-of-a-kind barnyard animals, lullabies, and segments of classical music, children tune in to a variety of musical styles and multicultural experiences. The accompanying CDs provide children an opportunity to hear the pronunciation of the words and sing along as they learn the language. The children s classic I Kw an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly, for which singer-songwriter Alan Mills is best kwn, precedes a potpourri of simple singable songs, often focusing on numbers and letters and featuring hysterically funny animal characters. Singers Thomas Hellman and Emilie Clepper breathe new life into old traditions, performing rootsy renditions of catchy songs written for children more than 50 years ago.
- Author BiographyAlan Mills was a Canadian folksinger, writer, and actor. He was best known for popularizing Canadian folk music, and he composed the classic folk song I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly (with lyrics by Rose Bonne). PisHier is an illustrator, a painter, and an animator has illustrated several children s books, including Monstrueux secret de legumes and Simone et la plus belle journee d'ete. He lives in Quebec City. Thomas Hellman is a bilingual singer-songwriter who won the prestigious Felix-Leclerc Award in 2007. His debut French album L appartement received critical acclaim in both Quebec and France, and he has since released Departure Songs, a compilation of his early songs. Emilie Clepper is a musician who has opened for Martha Wainwright and Feist. She has been a repeat performer at the Montreal Jazz Festival and the Festival Pully-Quebec in Switzerland. She is the daughter of Texas singer songwriter Russell Clepper. They both live in Montreal.
- Author(s)Alan Mills,Emilie Clepper,Thomas Hellman
- PublisherSecret Mountain
- Date of Publication01/04/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSecret Mountain
- Weight272 g
- Width201 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,Picture book
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.