All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.84Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.43
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.27
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.55
- AU $34.27Trending at AU $40.09
About this product
- DescriptionIn La Pasionaria, a historical vel based on true events, a young unemployed Welsh coal miner embarks on a tortuous walk on the Jarrow Hunger March that takes him from the rth of England to London and finally, to a confrontation with the British government. Dai Powell journeys across the English Channel through France to Spain where the Communists are inspired by La Pasionaria, a crusading woman who passionately believes that Communism will eventually overtake the world. As La Pasionaria becomes the icon of the Republicana and the unemployed workers of Spain, Powell volunteers to fight for the Republican Government against Generalismo Francisco Franco's Nationalist aggressors. Powell falls in love with a Spanish military nurse, but also witnesses the horrific atrocities committed under Franco's order. Powell can only watch as brutal Nationalist soldiers tear babies away from their mothers and, after placing their parents in front of firing squads, send the children to orphanages where they are brainwashed into believing the ruthless politics of fascism. After Powell is expatriated from Spain with the rest of his comrades, Powell must make a dangerous undercover return in an effort to rescue his lover and their child from the barbarous Nationalists.
- Author BiographyJohn Davies served in World War II as an air gunner with RAF's Bomber Command. He worked as a sportswriter for two England newspapers and is the author of three other novels. Several of his pilot scripts have appeared on cable television and a European film company has already optioned La Pasionaria.
- Author(s)John Davies
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication15/06/2010
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight637 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.