Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.80Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionLa Turca is a stage play loosely based on the entrada (expedition) lead by Francisco Vasquez de Coronado. From 1540 to 1542, Coronado's army of some 300 soldiers (plus a few thousand Indian allies and servants) wandered from what is w Compostela, Mexico through Arizona, New Mexico, Northern Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and back to Compostela. The n-Indian members of the expedition, most of whom had gone into debt to finance their participation, were looking for cities of gold, of which they found ne. Although they passed through what are w considered some of the most spectacular landscapes in the world, to the members of the expedition it was all a vast wasteland. La Turca weaves together the West's past and present in a raw drama that explores the ideas and emotions driving individuals and cultures into conflict. The characters are unforgettable and the stakes are high in this fictionalized telling of the first illegal immigration into what is w Arizona.
- Author(s)MR Donald a Barclay
- Date of Publication25/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight177 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.