All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
About this product
- DescriptionPart of the fabulous new hardback library of 24 Evelyn Waugh books, publishing in chrological order over the coming year. The books have an elegant new jacket and text design. Evelyn Waugh chose the name Labels for his first travel book because, he said, the places he visited were already 'fully labelled'; in people's minds. Yet even the most seasoned traveller could t fail to be inspired by his quintessentially English attitude and by his eloquent and frequently outrageous wit. From Europe to the Middle East and North Africa, from Egyptian porters and Italian priests to Maltese sailors and Moroccan merchants - as he cruises around the Mediterranean his pen cuts through the local colour to give an entertaining portrait of the Englishman abroad.
- Author BiographyEvelyn Waugh was born in Hampstead in 1903. His first novel, Decline and Fall, was published in 1928 and it was soon followed by: Vile Bodies (1930), Black Mischief (1932), A Handful of Dust (1934) and Scoop (1938). He travelled extensively, served in the Royal Marines and the Royal Horse Guards and continued to write, winning many prestigious literary awards. Brideshead Revisited was first published in 1945. Evelyn Waugh died in 1966.
- Author(s)Evelyn Waugh
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication26/05/2011
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Out-of-print date03/11/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations, map
- Weight342 g
- Width128 mm
- Height194 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.