All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBognan and Coleman offer the most comprehensive, current, and valuable work on arbitrators and their professional practice. The contributors to this volume describe paths of career entry, compensation, demographics, market conditions facing arbitrators, and caseloads. The empirically based findings are drawn from a representative sampling of all the nation's arbitrators and afford a previously unavailable picture. The reader gains important insights into these decisionmakers' backgrounds, career development, arbital experiences, and aspirations. This work is especially important because many of the arbitrators' characteristics, which are captured and described herein, are seen to be enduring or open only to change over an extended time period. The material, fascinating in its detailed analysis of a vital but surprisingly unstudied profession, presents a rich analysis of an occupation that has played a societal role of major significance from earliest times. A work, accordingly, of widespread interest and value relating to the ever fertile fields of dispute resolution.
- Author BiographyMARIO F. BOGNANNO is Professor and Director of the Industrial Relations Center, Carlson School of Management, The University of Minnesota. Among his publications are Labor Market Institutions and the Future Role of Unions (1992) and Contemporary Collective Bargaining. CHARLES J. COLEMAN is Professor of Management at Rutgers University-Camden. He has earlier published Managing Labor Relations in the Public Sector and Personnel: An Open System Approach.
- Date of Publication21/05/1992
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight457 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byCharles J. Coleman,Mario F. Bognanno
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.