All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis study is a useful survey of a range of crucial problems in the current industrial relations system. Whether the US's present collective bargaining system can accommodate the massive dislocations of global competitive capitalism is a debatable, and vital, question. This collection offers important insights into the matter. Choice A collection of specially written essays by distinguished legal scholars and practicing lawyers, this book explores the ways in which collective bargaining practices have been forced to adapt and change in response to a radical restructuring in the labor and personnel relations of American businesses. As the contributors demonstrate, current trends--such as a shift from manufacturing to service employment, deregulation, a hostile political environment, and a host of mergers and acquisitions--have made an understanding of traditional labor law doctrine increasingly less central to actual practice. Practitioners today need a thorough grasp of complex new workplace regulations and a mastery of the interplay between legal rules and practical constraints on transactions like plant closings, assets or stock sales, bankruptcy reorganization, and union representation on corporate boards of directors. Labor Law and Business Change places these changes within a comprehensive legal and practical framework and provides expert advice to those who must deal with these developments in the course of structuring particular business transactions.
- Author BiographySAMUEL ESTREICHER is Professor of Law at New York University School of Law. DANIEL G. COLLINS is also Professor of Law at New York University School of Law.
- Author(s)Daniel G. Collins,Samuel Estreicher
- Date of Publication14/12/1988
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuorum Books,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight689 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.