All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLaboratory Animal Anaesthesia, Fourth Edition provides a basic guide to anaesthesia for a very diverse audience needing content, with straight-forward, structured style of writing. Updated with effects of anaesthetics in different laboratory species, including sources of dose rates will be incorporated into tabular material. New information on pain assessment and pain management will be covered, and an increased emphasis on rats and mice for anaesthesia and perioperative care. With newly revised, full color illustrations to facilitate best learning, Laboratory animal Anesthesia, Fourth Edition provides procedures, key points and invaluable advice from a well-kwn and respected veterinary anesthetist and scientist with over 30 years of experience in the field.
- Author BiographyPaul Flecknell is a veterinarian with over 35 years of experience working with laboratory animals. He is a Diplomate of the European Colleges of Veterinary Anaesthesia and Analgesia and Laboratory Animal Medicine and an honorary Diplomate of the American College of Laboratory Animal Medicine. He has PhD in physiology, and is currently Professor of Laboratory Animal Science in the Institute of Neuroscience at Newcastle University. His main research interests are anaesthesia and analgesia of all species of animals and in particular the development of methods of pain assessment. He is the head of the Pain and Animal Welfare Science (PAWS) group at Newcastle. The group's current research work is focussed on novel methods of cage-side assessment of pain, particularly using pain faces and developing methods of measurement of affective state in rodents.
- Author(s)Paul A. Flecknell
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- SubjectVeterinary Science
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.