Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe International Society of Chemotherapy meets every two years to review progress in chemotherapy of infections and of malignant disease. Each meeting gets larger to encompass the extension of chemotherapy into new areas. In some instances, expansion has been rapid, for example in cephalosporins, pen- icillins and combination chemotherapy of cancer - in others slow, as in the field of parasitology. New problems of resistance and untoward effects arise; reduction of host toxicity without loss of antitumour activity by new substances occupies wide attention. The improved results with cancer chemotherapy, es- pecially in leukaemias, are leading to a greater prevalence of severe infection in patients so treated, pharmacokinetics of drugs in rmal and diseased subjects is receiving increasing attention along with related problems of bioavailability and interactions between drugs. Meanwhile the attack on some of the major bacterial infections, such as gorrhoea and tubercu- losis, which were among the first infections to feel the impact of chemotherapy, still continue to be major world problems and are w under attack with new agents and new methods. From this wide field and the 1,000 papers read at the Congress we have produced Proceedings which reflect the variety and vigour of research in this important field of medicine. It was t possible to include all of the papers presented at the Congress but we have attempted to include most aspects of cur- rent progress in chemotherapy.
- Author(s)A. M. Geddes,J. D. Williams
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication22/12/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleChemotherapy
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note162 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight905 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1976
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.